Sarah ~ Our Star ~

This summer Sarah had the opportunity to be in an independent film. She was cast a s a little girl who gets kidnapped and killed, positive I know. The film makers were all really great about making her fell comfortable and not scared. She never had to do anything that would have been scary :-) I had read the whole script and knew the end result but had not yet decided how much to tell her. One of her scenes was of her outside drawing with sidewalk chalk, she is approached by a stranger and goes with him. When I told Sarah what she would be doing her response was "I am dumb I could get killed!" I felt a moment of parental satisfaction and then decided to use the situation to drive home the point. I told her that is exactly what happened.
We drove to Toelle for the filming. We shot at two locations. First was the sidewalk scene.
Second was out in the "desert" at a deserted shack. She was seen walking into the shack. It was actually kind of funny during the filming because the college kids making the film were a bunch of city kids. They all were acting so goofy walking around in the rural area. Sarah did great ignoring them and the cameras and walking in to the cow manure filled shack over and over again :-)We had a good time! There were tons of "Gum" plants around and Sarah picked some of the sticky flowers and used them as earrings :-)

No comments: