Las Veges

My parents own RIVER WALK MEDIA. We record conventions, edit, duplicate and sell the recordings. Our biggest convention every year is Nature Sunshine Products. Over the 25 years that our family has been recording these conventions we have been able to travel a lot! There is no denying that these are WORKING vacations but I have to admit they have been a highlight in my year for a VERY long time. I have had the chance to go to Washington D.C. (twice) ~ Nashville, TN (twice) ~ Philadelphia, PA ~ Acapulco, Mex ~ Hawaii ~ New Orleans, LA ~ Florida (several cities) ~ California (several cities) ~ San Antonio, TX ~ and more! Going to these conventions at times seems like going to a family reunion. I get to see and visit with people who I have known since I was 12yrs old. They have watched me grow up, get married, and now see my children growing. This convention has had a HUGE impact on my life. My families involvement with natural health, my first "real" job, moving to Indiana (where I met Kevin), the choices I have made about child birth and my childrens health, etc. Convention week is also a time when I get to step into a different roll then my everyday life. I get to be a working professional. I get to dress up (& it stays nice), interact with adults, be the "expert" and over all feel very grown up :-)
This year NSP convention was in Las Veges, NV. The combination of a driveable location and our new schooling lead us to take they whole family. We got to stay in the Paris hotel (thanks Daddy). It was a bit of an adventure to have 6 people in one hotel room but really we had so much fun! This year also marked a milestone for Kevin Lee. Grandpa asked Kevin to help do some of the recording this year. He did SO GREAT! He was super responsible and very reliable. It was a little surreal to see him at 12 doing the same thing I remember doing at that age and that has been such a huge part of my life. Sarah also helped at the sales booth and was huge in helping with the littler kids!!

When I was working Kevin took the kids exploring.
They also went swimming everyday!
In the evenings when I was free we set out again and got to see a little of "the strip" in full swing.


The water show at the Bilagio. The Paris is right across the street and we could hear the water crashing down during the shows.

We went to Cesar's Palace. Kevin enjoyed all the statues of Greek and Roman gods, he loves that mythology. This is us standing in front of The David. Kevin thought it was very funny and Sarah was disgusted :-)
Clark is a BIG fan of motorcycles!!! He saw some every time we went out and always wanted pics. of them.

We had a great week!
We had lots of fun times, and it was good on the business end of things!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I've only ever passed through Vegas on the way to the in-laws. I'm trying to convince David we need a vacation. With school and all it makes it a little harder though.

Cute pictures. I love Clark's expression in the swimming one. He is such a character.